I initially found a game called Basketball GM in early 2014. It was a single-player sports simulation game for Basketball. You could make trades, set rosters, draft players, and try to build the next dynasty, all from within your web browser.
I thought it was a great game and wondered if it would be possible to make even more sports using it as the game engine. So that is when I e-mailed reddit user dumbmatter about my idea. From that ZenGM.com was born.
Basketball GM had only been public since the Summer of 2013. In my first year in 2014 I released Baseball GM and then Football GM. I then followed with more sports and also began focusing on upgrading the games. Here is a rough timeline of Zen GM’s history:
- Summer 2013 Basketball GM released (dumbmatter)
- Spring 2014 Baseball GM released
- Summer 2014 original Football GM released
- Winter 2014/15 Arena, Canadian, and US Football released
- Winter 2014/15 Football and Baseball Seasons released
- Spring 2015 College Basketball Coach released
- Summer 2015 College Football Coach released
- Fall 2015 LOL GM released
- Spring 2016 Hockey GM released
- Spring 2016-Spring 2017 the games were upgraded
- Spring 2017-Summer 2018 MOBA GM was developed and released
- Winter 2018/2019 College Basketball Coach upgraded
- Winter 2018/2019 Combined Pro/College feature added
- Spring 2019 new Football GM released (dumbmatter)
- Summer 2019 Baseball GM upgraded (and combined with College Basketball for easier upgrading in the future)
Some of what is planned going forward is as follow:
- 2020? Upgrading College Football Coach
- 2020? Upgrading Hockey GM
- 2020? Adding Soccer GM
- 2021? Adding CSGO GM
To keep up-to-date on the latest news, check out our forums. Feedback is always welcome via there or by simply sending me an email.
For advertising information, click here.
To learn more about the origins of Basketball GM, the gameplay philosophy, and the technology of the site you can read this